FREE TO WATCH – even without a festival ticket.
Dance displays throughout the Cathedral Quarter – curated by Folk 3D.
A full schedule of dance sides and locations will be available closer to the festival.
About the artists
- Dancing Border Morris for over 25 years, Bakanalia are colourful, lively, and wonderful dancers from Leicestershire. According to the Oxford English dictionary, Bacchanalia is the Greek and Roman festival of Bacchus, celebrated with dancing, wine, general mischief and revelry— and Bakanalia Border Morris are usually found trying to give old Bacchus a run for his […]
- Folk 3D create exciting and innovative Folk Arts programmes with schools and communities. They work with people of all ages and abilities across the UK to connect with local and national culture. Folk 3D is an artists’ collaborative with skills in dance, music, song, drama, visual arts and crafts, early years, community development, family learning, […]
- Returning for another year, we know Frumptarn will be entertaining the good folks of Derby throughout the weekend. Together since 2003, Frumptarn are the leaders of Guggen music in The UK. The Barnsley based band have become popular in England and beyond, performing in numerous national and international venues. Inspired by the unique blending of […]
- Hailing from Aberdeen, Gaorsach are a wonderful bunch of Rapper Sword dancers, who are guaranteed to entertain. Often seen wearing their distinctive red kilts, they become a blur of colour, great music, and fun…
- Hadrian Clog is a dance team with a passion for clog and hard shoe dancing. We are a team of friends who love to perform at festivals, weekends of dance, local events, village shows, fairs and fetes anywhere along the wall and beyond. Dancing traditional steps from Northumberland, Durham, Westmorland, Lancashire, Shetland Isles, Cape Breton, […]
- White Rose Morris Men are a Cotswold side, formed in Leeds in the autumn of 1953. In 1971 they moved to Huddersfield where they have remained to this day. Their kit is white shirts and trousers, with green baldrics and straw hats. They currently perform from the traditions of Fieldtown, Headington, and the recently discovered […]