Our great friends Furthest From The Sea are looking after the fringe events in the Old Bell Hotel once again.
Evening concerts on Friday and Saturday are ticketed, but these events are FREE, whether you have a festival ticket or not – come along and enjoy some great music!
This year, there is music in the Ballroom, and also the Tavern (Front) Bar (and the music session in the Tudor Bar too…)
13:00 -13:45 Merrymaker
14:00 – 14:45 Winter Wilson
16:15 – 16:45 Spoken Word & Storytelling Showcase
17:00 – 17:30 We Are The Giant
17:40 – 18:25 Marc Block (was in Derby Cathedral)
18:30 – 19:00 Sue MacFarlane
THE TAVERN BAR
12:00 – 12:25 Up Uke Duo
12:30 – 13:00 Jiji LaVolpe
15:00 – 15:25 Benammi Swift
15:30 – 16:00 Robyn Johnson
About the artists
- Furthest From The Sea is an Arts Business run by passionate and dedicated artists committed to a ‘hands on’ approach to creativity. Based in Derbyshire, but operating around the country, they believe in the power of art to rejuvenate towns and cities, to bring people together and to celebrate and take pride in the place that […]
- Marc Block is a Nottingham-based folk singer and songwriter, who’s just released his new CD, Brisk & Breezy. His first album The Hawthorn Spring (2013) received great reviews and wide radio play including BBC Radio 2’s Folk Show, and it so impressed Mike Harding that he played three tracks from it in one programme. It […]
- Having been wonderfully received in the Clubrooms, with Village Folk, last year, we’re delighted to have them back with us – Merrymaker are making music about what is happening right now. They are influenced by songwriters who not only sang about things that affected them, they also sang about subjects that reflected culture and […]
- Derby Folk Festival is never too shy in coming forward with new talent. This year is no exception, and Robyn Wallis Johnson is certainly a talent for the future. Robyn will deliver a selection of self-penned songs in her own unique style, more often than not reflecting on the ups and downs of human existence. […]
- Derby Folk Festival wouldn't be the same without Kip and Dave - running the folk club events, and appearing on the main stages - they're a wonderful duo, loved by all, and we're delighted they are able to join us again.